PDA

View Full Version : gas prices

sunshine
11-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi there, it's been a while since my last visit. I hope you all are doing well.
I can't understand one thing - the gas prices are going down but not the prices of all other items. Not the groceries, not the clothing, not the electronics or air travel. Am I missing something? When the gas prices went up the airlines screamed how they will go bankrupt if they don't surcharge us for fuel and extra luggage. What are they going to say now?

trent
11-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Well I guess some of the airlines will be able to turn profit with the lower gas prices. I don't think we'll see such low gas prices for much longer though. Once the USD resumes it's way down, the gas prices will skyrocket.

Zephyr
11-20-2008, 01:47 PM
There are still airlines going bankrupt - see Alitalia.. I don't think we will see any low prices any more....

Steven
11-21-2008, 02:20 PM
We'll see low airfare prices if demands dries up. Otherwise it's only up from here.

mary1
11-24-2008, 01:50 PM
At least the gas prices are going in our direction.... Look around!
I think the prices of everything will go down if the gas prices stabilize.

Canadian
11-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Don't get your hopes too high. The world economy is running on oil, and the biggest oil fields worldwide are depleting at ever increasing speed. There is simply not enough oil (at least cheap enough to produce) to go around. Soon or a later the liquidation panic gripping the markets will subside and fundamentals will take over. At this point oil will rise much higher from where it is now.

investor
12-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Don't get your hopes too high. The world economy is running on oil, and the biggest oil fields worldwide are depleting at ever increasing speed. There is simply not enough oil (at least cheap enough to produce) to go around. Soon or a later the liquidation panic gripping the markets will subside and fundamentals will take over. At this point oil will rise much higher from where it is now.

Yes the price of oil now is too good to be true. Enjoy it while it lasts because these are the times when we will see the gas under $1 per litre. I personally enjoy it :)

cheers

Steven
12-04-2008, 02:03 PM
The prices in Toronto hover around 80c per liter and I think that's the lowest we will ever get.

Canadian
12-05-2008, 02:41 PM
The prices in Toronto hover around 80c per liter and I think that's the lowest we will ever get.

I saw 74c this morning, however how long do you think would that last?