PDA

View Full Version : OHIP in US?

ggonzo
12-04-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm going to US for the holidays to visit my family. Do I need additional medical coverage. I know that OHIP covers only in Canada but what about US? Do you have any idea?

Canadian
12-05-2008, 02:35 PM
OHIP coverage outside of Canada is very limited, and it's always better to purchase additional travel insurance. Read this for more details:

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/public/pub/ohip/travel.html

wakii
12-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Do full medical coverage if you are heading to US. OHIO covers around $400.00 per day outside of Canada. (enough for aspirin if you have to go ER). I always have full coverage for my family when we travel outside of Canada.

Jason
12-08-2008, 04:10 PM
I always pay for travel insurance when traveling abroad. The cost is not that high, and it give you peace of mind that you'll be covered in event of medical emergency.

lanaa
12-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Do full medical coverage if you are heading to US. OHIO covers around $400.00 per day outside of Canada. (enough for aspirin if you have to go ER). I always have full coverage for my family when we travel outside of Canada.

Definitely get an insurance. I am also surprised that OHIP covers only $400 a day. I wonder is it different in the other provinces.

investor
01-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Get covered! If you have to see a doctor while you are in US you have to go to ER. Even if you only need and antibiotic this will cost you around $900. The rates are crazy and they charge you for breathing...