PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel worried about your financial future?

invest
12-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Do you feel worried about your financial future? Do you feel anxious. Are you under stress because of the volatile stock market and the falling real estate?

Jason
12-08-2008, 04:05 PM
The short answer is yes. The unemployment is increasing, the wages are stagnant at best, the stock market is falling, the real estate market is falling...
I don't see any good economic news, and I'm worried that things can deteriorate more from here.

Canadian
12-08-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm little concerned about my financial future, but not that much, as I don't have much debt, which puts me in a better position compared to the majority of Canadians.

sunshine
12-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Yes, I am. everybody think this "crisis" will be over next year but the truth is that next year will be worse. I am very very worried.

bullish
12-09-2008, 02:02 PM
No, I'm not concerned. The markets are oversold and they are bound recover very soon. With all the infrastructure spending going on around the world, the economy will start recovering in a matter of months.

trent
12-10-2008, 02:18 PM
No, I'm not concerned. The markets are oversold and they are bound recover very soon. With all the infrastructure spending going on around the world, the economy will start recovering in a matter of months.

And who exactly is going to save you from the inevitable inflation following the massive government spending with money created out of thin air?

investor
12-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Only a fool wouldn't be worried. I think that by now everyone know we are in recession and people realized they don't need to renovate every 2 years and they don't need to buy stuff all the time. I guess most of the people curbed their spending.

heyjude
02-05-2009, 01:20 PM
I am not worried but feel uneasy. With all the news on TV and in the papers one cannot start worrying just a little bit....I mean, I don't spend money like I used - I try to buy only things that I really need.

Canadian
02-09-2009, 03:10 PM
I am not worried but feel uneasy. With all the news on TV and in the papers one cannot start worrying just a little bit....I mean, I don't spend money like I used - I try to buy only things that I really need.

I'm very selected with the news I read/watch as most of it is pure propaganda and badly disguised lies.

trent
02-11-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm very selected with the news I read/watch as most of it is pure propaganda and badly disguised lies.

Don't watch the news; instead concentrate on getting out of debt, and start saving right away. There will be huge opportunities for anybody who can ride this mess out and protect their capital. When the crisis is over, you'll be able to buy great assets at fire-sale prices. And don't tell me that real estate or stocks have bottomed, because they are nowhere near there.

bullish
02-12-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't think you'll see much lower prices in anything, especially real estate.

trent
02-13-2009, 02:27 PM
I don't think you'll see much lower prices in anything, especially real estate.

Just wait until you see the horrible Spring real estate sales numbers from all major Canadian cities, and we'll talk again then.