PDA

View Full Version : Automakers bailout - how will it reflect in Canada

dreamy
12-19-2008, 06:44 PM
With the bailout for the big three automakers in USA granted do you think the automakers will fire some of its workers here in Canada?

Canadian
01-05-2009, 04:12 PM
With the bailout for the big three automakers in USA granted do you think the automakers will fire some of its workers here in Canada?

I don't know about layoffs, but I hope that the overpaid union auto workers, get serious wage decreases. What happened is that the Canadian government gave our tax money to a money losing businesses, which produce sub-par cars that nobody wants to buy. Sooner or later these companies will be bankrupt and this bailout was simply a waste of tax payers money.

Steven
01-06-2009, 03:11 PM
If the big 3 lower their employees’ salaries, they might survive. Another thing they will need is quality and competitive cars.

Canadian
01-06-2009, 03:28 PM
If the big 3 lower their employees’ salaries, they might survive. Another thing they will need is quality and competitive cars.

I don't think so. It will be really hard for these companies to become profitable, and they'll need more handouts in a very near future.