PDA

View Full Version : When Canada will go out of recession

sunshine
01-07-2009, 01:45 PM
When do you think Canada will go out of recession? How many years will this crisis last?

trent
01-09-2009, 03:24 PM
I have no idea, but it won't be as short as the last few recessions, that's for sure.

ggonzo
01-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Some say this will be the worst year and then slowly it will get back to normal. I personally don't think so. This will be long and deep recession. Nobody can predict how long it will be and the best think will be to save as much as you can for rainy days.

trent
01-13-2009, 04:42 PM
This recession (let's hope it's recession only) will last well into 2010 in my opinion or even longer. The economic news is all bad, and unfortunately we are at least a year behind the US, and this means Canada is yet to feel some serious pain from this economic downturn.

bullish
01-14-2009, 02:16 PM
I expect a decent recovery in the second half of 2009. The stock markets are oversold and are due for a big bounce. The Canadian real estate is fairing much better than the US one and in general our economy is in better shape.

trent
01-15-2009, 02:40 PM
I expect a decent recovery in the second half of 2009. The stock markets are oversold and are due for a big bounce. The Canadian real estate is fairing much better than the US one and in general our economy is in better shape.

The markets are not oversold and they will go down from here. What you are missing is that the earnings in 2009 will be much, much lower compared to 2008, which will make the current stock valuations fair at best.

As for the real estate, we are not better than US, we are just a year or two behind.

investor
01-16-2009, 02:26 PM
When do you think Canada will go out of recession? How many years will this crisis last?

I think that we are entering into the recession, as for when it will end, nobody knows :confused:

Canadian
01-16-2009, 03:27 PM
I hope it won't last too long, but it sure looks like a nasty one.