PDA

View Full Version : GST and PST harmonization

sunshine
04-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Do you think the harmonization of GST and PST in Ontario is good for the businesses? Is it good to anybody but the government?

Canadian
04-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Do you think the harmonization of GST and PST in Ontario is good for the businesses? Is it good to anybody but the government?

Nothing the government does is good for the common people. We consumers, we'll just have to pay more taxes. I'm all for consumer taxes if they lower my income taxes. This way the consumption is taxed, and saving is stimulated, and this is the foundation of a strong economy.

trent
04-28-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm all for a low flat tax on both business and personal levels. This will get the economy going again. Lazy people won't work much, and of course won't earn much. People with good business ideas and skills will prosper.

bullish
04-29-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm all for a low flat tax on both business and personal levels. This will get the economy going again. Lazy people won't work much, and of course won't earn much. People with good business ideas and skills will prosper.

And who exactly is going to pay for all the free services we receive?

investor
04-30-2009, 02:24 PM
And who exactly is going to pay for all the free services we receive?

If the government puts the revenue where it belongs we will still have our services and maybe our roads will be a little bit better. Instead the government machine grows and grows every day, constantly adding more jobs. Someone posted here a message how overpaid a government paper-pushers are... So my point is, if the government machine cuts its personnel by 1/3 they will have money for everything, will keep all the services and will really work for the 8 hours they are paid.

trent
05-28-2009, 02:15 PM
The government will never cut its size, and the only way out of this mess is higher taxes. Invest smart and stay ahead of the crowd, if you want to prosper financially.