PDA

View Full Version : tips to build credit history

heyjude
07-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi, I have just finished school and I don't have any credit history. How can I build credit? I don't really want to get a credit card. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

sunshine
07-11-2008, 02:26 PM
You can get a Secured credit card (http://www.creditcardreview.ca/secured-credit-cards--article/). It is not really a credit card because you have a cash deposit and can't go over the limit. It is like a debit-credit card but it builds credit history. It is used mainly from people with no credit history or from people with bad credit.

Canadian
07-15-2008, 07:54 PM
You should be able to qualify for regular credit card with a low limit and in your situation this seems like the easiest way to start building credit history. Why don't you want to get a credit card? Are you afraid that you cannot control your spending?

heyjude
07-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the tips! I appreciate it. I will go with the secured credit card first :)

Lumber Joe
04-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Hi, I have just finished school and I don't have any credit history. How can I build credit? I don't really want to get a credit card. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks
You can get secured offshore credit card for instance.

Canadian
04-27-2009, 03:28 PM
You can get secured offshore credit card for instance.

Why would I need an offshore secured credit card, if I can get a normal secured credit card from any of the big Canadian banks?

trent
04-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Just go for a secured credit card with a low credit limit, and in a year or so after a good payment history, you should be able to get a regular credit card.

jackbrennan76
07-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the discussion. Its a nice thread about credit card for the new user. It help me a lot.
--------------------
Put URL in your signature