PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the economy will collapse?

heyjude
07-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Do you think the economy will collapse? I've read some very grim articles and I am usually an optimistic and I still think they only try to scare us that a depression is coming. I know that we are not so different from the States but I think our economy will not collapse.

Canadian
07-23-2008, 06:07 PM
The Canadian economy is heavily dependent on the US economy, and I think we are on the same train as Americans. Furthermore almost everything is more expensive in Canada compared to US, which will make the economic downturn here even worse. I hope that Canada will escape going into serious recession or even depression, but I won't count on it.

trent
07-23-2008, 06:28 PM
People waste too much time worrying about the future, instead of trying to make their lives better. Here is a saying that sums it best:

"Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness." --Anonymous

If you are worried that the Canadian economy will tank, take action and try to protect your savings and standard of living by making right investment choices.

bullish
07-25-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm tired of all this talk of recession and depression in Canada. This simply won't happen and you are wasting your time discussing it. The Canadian economy is strong and we won't have the housing problems the US have. Even in US housing is already bottoming and now it's a good time to buy.

trent
07-25-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm tired of all this talk of recession and depression in Canada. This simply won't happen and you are wasting your time discussing it. The Canadian economy is strong and we won't have the housing problems the US have. Even in US housing is already bottoming and now it's a good time to buy.

Another genius post by bullish. You must believe in all the mass media lies and manipulation. I pity you.

US housing is bottoming?!?!?!? This is another proof of how ignorant you are. The US housing will not bottom anytime soon and the Canadian real estate bust is just starting. I hope you are one of those people that bought a million dollar house with 0% down and 40-year amortization. I would love to see the look on your face when your house market prices goes down by 30-40% :p.

Steven
07-28-2008, 05:47 PM
In all fairness, I don't think that the Canadian economy will collapse or that the things are that bad as some Doom & Gloom prophets paint them. The interest rates are low, we have lots of natural resources and I think we'll get a mild recession in the worst-case scenario.

bullish
07-28-2008, 05:55 PM
You obviously like to insult people, but this doesn't make your opinion better than mine. I haven't seen poof that there is a Canadian real estate bust, and you haven't offered any. I am a proud home owner yes, and I' sorry to rain on your parade, but you will never see the value of my house go down 30-40% from here. The worst that can happen is a few years of flat prices, followed by healthy appreciation afterwards.

Another genius post by bullish. You must believe in all the mass media lies and manipulation. I pity you.

US housing is bottoming?!?!?!? This is another proof of how ignorant you are. The US housing will not bottom anytime soon and the Canadian real estate bust is just starting. I hope you are one of those people that bought a million dollar house with 0% down and 40-year amortization. I would love to see the look on your face when your house market prices goes down by 30-40% :p.

trent
07-30-2008, 05:07 PM
You obviously like to insult people, but this doesn't make your opinion better than mine. I haven't seen poof that there is a Canadian real estate bust, and you haven't offered any. I am a proud home owner yes, and I' sorry to rain on your parade, but you will never see the value of my house go down 30-40% from here. The worst that can happen is a few years of flat prices, followed by healthy appreciation afterwards.

I don't like to insult people. You are insulting the intelligence of all the people posting and reading this board, by stating that there is no real estate bubble. As I already said you are either truly ignorant, or you are in the denial phase (what bubble, no bubble), which so many homeowners are going through right now :).