PDA

View Full Version : what to do with Bell and my now crappy credit

MollyGroove
08-26-2009, 12:10 AM
I had amazing credit until I got screwed hard core by Bell. I had a cell phone with them for 6 months and moved to Saskcatchewan where they don't have Bell. So I called Bell to cancel my contract, knowing I'd have to pay cancellation fees. However, they told me to get a phone with Sasktel, fax them my cellular agreement and they would waive the cancellation fees. So that is what I did. They continued to charge me monthly, unbeknownst to me, until finally they sent me to collections claiming I owed them $850. I can assure you, I do not owe them one penny. I have been arguing with Bell for over a year on it now. I have repeatedly faxed them the same piece of information they've asked for, but they keep claiming to have not gotten it (which is crap because I have the transaction records to prove they recieved them). They keep giving me the run around and have out-right blatantly lied to me. Meanwhile, the collection agency is still after me for the money and my credit has since been completely destroyed. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do now. Help!

Steven
08-27-2009, 02:39 PM
I had amazing credit until I got screwed hard core by Bell. I had a cell phone with them for 6 months and moved to Saskcatchewan where they don't have Bell. So I called Bell to cancel my contract, knowing I'd have to pay cancellation fees. However, they told me to get a phone with Sasktel, fax them my cellular agreement and they would waive the cancellation fees. So that is what I did. They continued to charge me monthly, unbeknownst to me, until finally they sent me to collections claiming I owed them $850. I can assure you, I do not owe them one penny. I have been arguing with Bell for over a year on it now. I have repeatedly faxed them the same piece of information they've asked for, but they keep claiming to have not gotten it (which is crap because I have the transaction records to prove they recieved them). They keep giving me the run around and have out-right blatantly lied to me. Meanwhile, the collection agency is still after me for the money and my credit has since been completely destroyed. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do now. Help!

I've heard pretty bad stories about Bell, but this is one of the worst. Whenever I talk to them (or Rogers or any other dishonest company with bad customer service) I ask for the employee name and case number just in case. I have a home phone with Bell, but I'll be canceling it as I cannot justify paying over $50 per month for a phone I very rarely use. I'll move my number to one of the VOIP phone companies and get much lower rate and will actually get more features than Bell offers.

Canadian
08-28-2009, 03:07 PM
I've stopped being Bell customer long time ago. This is a company that has outlived its age.

Jason
08-31-2009, 02:50 PM
Bell is not that bad, if you are able to get a hold of a knowledgeable support person.

MollyGroove
08-31-2009, 10:44 PM
Bell is not that bad, if you are able to get a hold of a knowledgeable support person.

I've talked to so many people at Bell its not even funny. I've asked to talk to managers and they all tell me the same thing. "send us this information (the cellular agreement for Sasktel) and we will waive the charges." Which I have done, as I've said, repeatedly. And the sad thing is... my fiance went through basically the exact same thing with them that I did before we met. Bell is by far the worst company. I've had bad experiences with other companies before, but nothing that compares with this.

trent
09-08-2009, 09:00 PM

Bell is beyond bad! I'm cancelling my home phone, to take advantage of one of the cheap voip providers.

sunshine
09-24-2009, 01:38 PM
I've talked to so many people at Bell its not even funny. I've asked to talk to managers and they all tell me the same thing. "send us this information (the cellular agreement for Sasktel) and we will waive the charges." Which I have done, as I've said, repeatedly. And the sad thing is... my fiance went through basically the exact same thing with them that I did before we met. Bell is by far the worst company. I've had bad experiences with other companies before, but nothing that compares with this.

This is so frustrating! I hope you will get out of this mess soon. One of the things I've learned over the years is never to agree to preauthorized payment. Even if you cancel your contract they will still charge you. One of my friends had to cancel his credit card because they kept billing him every month...Bell or Rogers - the same thing...