PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Loan documentation

chinoy99
10-27-2009, 04:48 PM
I would like to know what sort of commercial loan documentation is used here in Canada. For eg, if a person takes a loan from a bank he or she is required to sign loan documentation forms like personal guarantee, borrowing resolutions and disclosure statements, promissory notes etc, etc;

Would anyone here know of the list of such documents which are used in the commercial loan documentation process?
Thanks.

trent
10-27-2009, 05:34 PM
I would like to know what sort of commercial loan documentation is used here in Canada. For eg, if a person takes a loan from a bank he or she is required to sign loan documentation forms like personal guarantee, borrowing resolutions and disclosure statements, promissory notes etc, etc;

Would anyone here know of the list of such documents which are used in the commercial loan documentation process?
Thanks.

I guess that would depend on the type of commercial loan. For example Real Estate (Commercial Mortgages, Construction/Rehab), Working Capital (Term Loans, Lines of Credit, and Letters of Credit), etc.

chinoy99
10-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks Trent. You are correct. Every type of loan has a different loan documentation such as documentary credit or collections (import/export), term finance, cash finance etc. Thanks for your help.

Canadadebtleads.ca
10-31-2009, 06:10 PM
Donald Trump said in one of his books, always avoid giving a personal guarantee at all cost. Hard to avoid in this day and age but still try to avoid personal guarantees.

Canadian
11-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Donald Trump said in one of his books, always avoid giving a personal guarantee at all cost. Hard to avoid in this day and age but still try to avoid personal guarantees.

Yes, but most of the personal debt is guaranteed on a personal level, like mortgages (the house is collateral), car loans (car is collateral), etc.

trent
11-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Yes, but most of the personal debt is guaranteed on a personal level, like mortgages (the house is collateral), car loans (car is collateral), etc.

Of course it is, as the majority of the personal debt is mortgages.