PDA

View Full Version : Is the time right to buy gold and if yes how?

Journeyman
11-18-2009, 05:50 AM
Is the time right to buy gold and if yes how?

I have no clue as to the options for buying gold can someone enlighten me?

Rickson9
11-18-2009, 04:19 PM
If you have determined that the price of gold is sustainable and you have evaluated the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement of a gold mining stock then one way to purchase gold is to invest in a gold mining company on the stock exchange.

trent
11-19-2009, 05:26 PM
I still think gold can decline as much as 20% from here in the short term, however in the long run it will be much more expensive...

Journeyman
11-19-2009, 09:48 PM
I am wondering other than buying stocks in a mining company that is looking for gold. Are there other ways to do it? What are the different options?

Can I buy Canadian 1 once gold coins and keep them in a safety deposit box? Are these real and worth the exact value of an internationally accepted once? Does it loose value if its scratched? If I wanted to sell them one day how and to whom would I do that?

Can I buy gold as a commodity and someone else holds onto it for me and I get paper? Where can I do this? I read around about a few places but they all charge you a storage fee... Sounds counter productive to me.

Wondering the same things about, copper, steel, silver, aluminum, platinum, titanium etc...

Canadian
11-20-2009, 04:10 PM
I think you can buy Canadian gold maple leafs directly from the Canadian Mint, but you'll have to check if they have any limitations on quantity or any other requirements. You can buy gold certificates, but I'm not sure how to do that.