PDA

View Full Version : medical and dental insurance

lanaa
08-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Do you have medical insurance from your work? I have insurance but it doesn't cover much of my dentist bills. Is it worth it to get additional coverage?
For example I have 4 massages included per year but when I went last week for a root canal the insurance said they will cover only 30% of the charge. I don't use the massages but I can use some additional coverage with the dental.

sunshine
08-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Is it worth it to get additional coverage?

Maybe; if you have too much dental work to be done you may consider additional coverage. Please note that for major dental work like crowns and bridges you need to have at least 6 months of insurance before you qualify for payment and they will not cover any preexisting conditions....

Canadian
08-18-2008, 08:02 PM
If you expect your dentist bills (that part that you pay out of pocket) to outweight your insurance premium than it's worth it to get the additional coverage, otherwise just pay your bills directly.

trent
08-22-2008, 06:58 PM
I guess in most cases it's not going to be worth getting additional dental insurance coverage, unless you have serious problems with your teeth...

mary1
11-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Do you have medical insurance from your work? I have insurance but it doesn't cover much of my dentist bills. Is it worth it to get additional coverage?
For example I have 4 massages included per year but when I went last week for a root canal the insurance said they will cover only 30% of the charge. I don't use the massages but I can use some additional coverage with the dental.

Usually those are group coverage and you can't change them, you get 3 massages, use them! You will never get 100% coverage for a root canal. It is not worth to pay premium for something that you may never or you rarely use.

trent
11-12-2008, 02:22 PM
I think you can get a 100% dental coverage if you work for a certain companies, TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) for example.

Canadian
11-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Yes, companies like TTC get all the perks - great salaries, great pensions, great benefits and if something doesn't go the way union wants they just go on strike and get it.

francisford
11-09-2009, 09:36 AM
do you really need serious dental work on you? like do you easily get cavities and toothaches or have really bad teeth?

if not, then whatever dental coverage you have should be enough.

Elli Davis
11-09-2009, 05:13 PM
the basic dental coverage really should be enough if you have no major problems with your teeth. I think you ought to know best...:)

Fendredly
11-27-2009, 05:12 AM
I was recently laid off from my job and am trying to decide if I need to get dental insurance. What are the good and cheap dental insurance options out there?

Thank You Very Much.