PDA

View Full Version : Canada heading towards depression?

sunshine
08-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Do you think Canada is heading towards depression?

Canadian
08-18-2008, 07:58 PM
I wouldn't say depression (I hope not), but we are in recession for sure already. Canada is losing jobs to Asia and other parts of the world offering cheap labor, the housing market is severely overvalued, taxes are high and everything is expensive compared to many developed countries worldwide. All this points to some hard times for the Canadian economy and the average Canadian.

ggonzo
08-19-2008, 04:25 PM
I don't think we are heading towards depression. Definitely our economy is not booming at the moment but this will be over in a couple of years. I am an optimist.

Canadian
08-22-2008, 06:28 PM
I'm trying to be an optimist too, but is getting harder by the day ;)

trent
08-22-2008, 06:55 PM
I think that we have misplaced the meaning of certain words in our society. If somebody points out a flaw in the system (economic or otherwise), then everybody calls him pessimist, fear-monger, doom-and-gloom prophet and what not, while that person is simply a realist. Take off your rose-colored glasses people and face the reality - your are in for very tough economic times.

Canadian
08-25-2008, 04:01 PM
I think that we have misplaced the meaning of certain words in our society. If somebody points out a flaw in the system (economic or otherwise), then everybody calls him pessimist, fear-monger, doom-and-gloom prophet and what not, while that person is simply a realist. Take off your rose-colored glasses people and face the reality - your are in for very tough economic times.

I couldn't agree more! Well said!