PDA

View Full Version : Help With Scotia Bank Bonds as the bank refuses and being crooked.

warhorse20000
12-25-2009, 02:52 AM
Hello thier , I have some Certificate`s of Deposit Bonds , From Back in the 1980`s , that my parents Gave to me when i was young..

They was never Cashed and When i brought them to the Bank , they refused to honer them , as they said that all the records they had , have been destryed , because they are to old :\

Now these bonds are for sevral thousand dollors , at interest rate 14 1/4 %

renuable every 30 days , with no time limmit on them.

My parebts are still alive and they to tryed to cash them in , and got same problem.

The bonds , show the interest rate , they have a Sir # and are still in mint condition. They also are clearly marked legit , and show the amount and interest.

Now we want to get our money , even face value for the bonds , but we have no clue on what to do..

The bank of nova Scotia is being crooked , and i and we do not no how to take this further!

Any help would be good..

I will also upload a picture of 1 of them , if it would help.

my name is chris and i can be contacted at warhorse20000@gmail.com

im also willing to , and put it in writting to share a persentage of the bonds if cashable to any 1 that can help me get these cashed.

As the bonds total around $9000 before any interest , and thats alot now days.

Any help be good , thankyou and merry christmass

Rickson9
12-25-2009, 03:23 AM
Maybe you need to speak with an attorney or paralegal.

warhorse20000
12-29-2009, 02:50 AM
ive thought about that , but im not sure what they charge , as i have had bad luck with one just over a year ago ,due to a injury i had , and i got nailed $4800 a hour in legle fee`s.

I would do that thought , if i could find one that would do it for a persentage of what ever we would recieve back , even a persentage on just the face value. But i wouldent go by the hour.

Farly
12-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Hi Chris

Before you hire a lawyer or pay someone a percentage, you should go through the complaint process with the ScotiaBank.

http://www.cba.ca/contents/files/misc/msc_20090114_resolvingproblems_en.pdf

If you have no success, there are government consumer agencies that deal specifically with banks. There are also indepentant consumer agencies that could help.

Good luck.

Canadian
01-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi Chris

Before you hire a lawyer or pay someone a percentage, you should go through the complaint process with the ScotiaBank.

http://www.cba.ca/contents/files/misc/msc_20090114_resolvingproblems_en.pdf

If you have no success, there are government consumer agencies that deal specifically with banks. There are also indepentant consumer agencies that could help.

Good luck.

I would skip the bank complaint process and go directly to the consumer agencies dealing with such issues.

trent
01-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Have you made any progress with the Scotiabank issue?