PDA

View Full Version : Forex vs stocks

investor
08-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Forex trading vs. traditional stock trading. Which one is better and which one will make you more money?

bullish
08-27-2008, 05:42 PM
I personally prefer to trade stocks, but I guess you can make lots of money in both FOREX and equities.

Canadian
08-27-2008, 05:56 PM
I don't trade. This requires too much time and effort and entails greater risk. I invest in trends (you can make money in both bull and bear markets).

Zephyr
09-05-2008, 07:26 PM
I would trade only if this is the only thing I am doing - I mean if this is my job. Otherwise if you think you can trade and work at the same time you are doomed to failure.

trent
11-05-2008, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't trade in the current volatile markets - it's just too risky. Even after the markets have calmed down, I wouldn't trade as I prefer investing for the long term. I don't think we have reached the bottom yet, and I think that Dow will ultimately go down to 6,000 before any long-term recovery.

Canadian
11-06-2008, 09:11 PM
I don't know if where will Dow bottom, but I'm not puuting any new money in the markets, until the volatility goes away, and I don't expect this to happen soon.

trent
11-10-2008, 08:43 PM
I think the volatility is here to stay for a while, at least until the last scared babyboomer has sold :). That being said I still think that the markets are overinflated and they'll come down to Earth sooner or later as they always do.

Canadian
11-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Yes, many people are scared of deflation, but with all the money governments have printed, I don't think there is a big chance for this to happen.

investor
12-16-2008, 03:13 PM
I don't know if where will Dow bottom, but I'm not putting any new money in the markets, until the volatility goes away, and I don't expect this to happen soon.

I agree; this volatility can linger for the next year. I already lost a lot from my portfolio and I am now waiting to see what will happen. Thanks for all the answers.

Rickson9
11-15-2009, 06:16 AM
Forex trading vs. traditional stock trading. Which one is better and which one will make you more money?

The one you are more skilled at.