PDA

View Full Version : Recession or worse?

Zephyr
10-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Hi guys, because of the recent developments and the financial trouble US is facing what do you think is going to happen in Canada? Do you think we are in recession, do you think it is going to get worse? Please share your thoughts.

trent
11-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Canada has been in recession for over a year now, as far as I'm concerned. I'm only hoping that this will be only a severe recession, and it won't evolve in a depression.

Canadian
11-06-2008, 09:12 PM
We are in recession, which I expect to become nastier in a few months, but I don't think we'll be in depression.

bullish
11-10-2008, 08:57 PM
The wors that can happen is a mild recession, and we are not even there yet.

trent
11-11-2008, 04:56 PM
The wors that can happen is a mild recession, and we are not even there yet.

I think we've been in recession for quite a while now, although everybody is afraid to admit it. Look at the stock market, almost all sectors have lower earnings and the future looks bleak. The next thing to hit Canada hard is rapidly falling housing prices, which will translate in lower consumer spending (bad news for a consumer driven economy) and will create huge proiblems for most Canadian banks.

Steven
11-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Even if we are in recession, I don't think it will last long.

bullish
11-14-2008, 08:07 PM
I think we've been in recession for quite a while now, although everybody is afraid to admit it. Look at the stock market, almost all sectors have lower earnings and the future looks bleak. The next thing to hit Canada hard is rapidly falling housing prices, which will translate in lower consumer spending (bad news for a consumer driven economy) and will create huge proiblems for most Canadian banks.

If you think that the Canadian real estate will go downhill from here, then you are wrong. The Canadian economy is solid compared to US and in a few short months house prices will resume their upward march.

dreamy
11-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi guys, because of the recent developments and the financial trouble US is facing what do you think is going to happen in Canada? Do you think we are in recession, do you think it is going to get worse? Please share your thoughts.

we are in recession. Even Stephen Harper admitted it. I think it is going to get worse. I hate saying that but next year will be tough.