Canadian Banks | Forums | Terms of Use

Welcome to the Canadian Financial Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Canadian Financial Forums > Canadian Financial Forums > Canadian Banks and Banking
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2008, 02:42 PM

Default ATM question

Does anyone know when an ATM machine resets? I have to withdraw more money than my daily limit. If I withdraw for example $500.00 at 11.00PM can I withdraw another $500.00 right after midnight or I have to wait 24 hours?

thanks
Old 07-30-2008, 04:16 PM

I'm not sure but I think that the ATM withdraw limit should reset at midnight. It also might be different with different Canadian banks. I'm going to check with Royal Bank today and I'll let you know how it works later in this thread.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:22 PM

I asked one of the tellers at RBC yesterday, and she wasn't very sure but she said that the withdrawal limit should be for 24 hour period and it shouldn't reset at midnight. Again, she wasn't sure so in reality it might be different. What can I tell you about Royal Bank employees, from most of my experience they are slow and incompetent. I guess this is valid for most Canadian banks as well.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
What can I tell you about Royal Bank employees, from most of my experience they are slow and incompetent. I guess this is valid for most Canadian banks as well.
Why am I not surprised . Every time I go to Royal Bank branch I wait at least 30 min., and I usually have to explain the teller how to do things (something they are paid to do and I'm not). RBC service is pathetic at best, and it's good that they have an online banking otherwise banking with them will be almost impossible.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annof View Post
Does anyone know when an ATM machine resets? I have to withdraw more money than my daily limit. If I withdraw for example $500.00 at 11.00PM can I withdraw another $500.00 right after midnight or I have to wait 24 hours?

thanks
Why don't you just call them? If you are lucky you will get an answer to your question quickly.