Canadian Banks | Forums | Terms of Use

Welcome to the Canadian Financial Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Canadian Financial Forums > Canadian Financial Forums > Canadian Economy
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2008, 03:48 PM

Default How is the Canadian Economy?

How is the Canadian Economy at the moment? Here in Europe and in France in particular the things are not going so well and I am curious what you think about the Canadian economy because I see on the news what is going on in the States....
Old 11-26-2008, 06:24 PM

I don't think the Canadian economy is in better shape compared to the US one. We are just a few months behind as usual, and the same banking and credit crisis will hit here, once we see 10-15% more decline in Canadian real estate prices.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:48 PM

Things don't look good to me. Harper is talking about running deficits, the forecasts are that unemplyment will increase above 7%. These are not good developments.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:01 PM

I still don't want to believe it but I know it will hit us hard. Next year will not be good for Canada....
Old 11-28-2008, 02:54 PM

You better believe it, because it's already happening. I'm hoping to see a lot of bakruptcies from Canadian retailers who have gouged us for years with their ridicolously high prices.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annof View Post
I still don't want to believe it but I know it will hit us hard. Next year will not be good for Canada....

Look around. Don't you read newspapers? Next year will be even worse than this year. The impact from the US markets crash will deepen. Canada does around 70% of her export to US and with the corrections that Obama wants to make on the North American Free Trade Agreement I think Canada will feel this really bad!
Old 12-03-2008, 03:52 PM

I also think that next year, will be worse than this year. I just hope that unemployment doesn't go too high, or things can get really ugly.