Canadian Banks | Forums | Terms of Use

Welcome to the Canadian Financial Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Canadian Financial Forums > Canadian Financial Forums > General Finance
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2008, 05:28 PM

Default Do you have small business?

Do you have small business? If you do have you felt the credit crunch, reflecting on your sales?
Old 12-01-2008, 01:45 PM

I don't have, but my sister has - she prints business cards and all different kinds cards, calendars, brochures... and her business is slowing down. She is saying that after the new year she may not be able to pay for the rent of her little store and have to move to cheaper neighbourhood
Old 12-02-2008, 02:15 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, sunshine. I noticed that a lot of stores close to where I live are closing and are for rent and the same is for office spaces. There are plenty for rent. I guess the rents are too high, I don't see any other explanation.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:05 PM

I don't have my own business, but I always wanted to have one and work for myself. I guess this is not the best time to start a business .
Old 12-05-2008, 04:20 PM

No, now it's not the time to start a small business. I've recently started to work on a business idea I have been playing with for a few years now, but it looks like in current market conditions it will be close to impossible to implement. If you don't believe me, try going to a Canadian bank and ask for small business loan.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
No, now it's not the time to start a small business. I've recently started to work on a business idea I have been playing with for a few years now, but it looks like in current market conditions it will be close to impossible to implement. If you don't believe me, try going to a Canadian bank and ask for small business loan.
Anytime is good time to start a business, if you have a good idea that solves somebody's problems. Many great companies were started during the Great Depression, and we are much better off today.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullish View Post
Anytime is good time to start a business, if you have a good idea that solves somebody's problems. Many great companies were started during the Great Depression, and we are much better off today.
No, that's not true. This is like saying that anytime is good to invest in stocks, and I'm sure you are aware of the stock market losses since last October. I guess you are a permanent employee, who never actually had a business, and who like the majority of the investment herd was hoping to get rich with ever appreciating house and equities. Well, good luck with that
Old 01-05-2009, 04:15 PM

If I had a business idea right now, I would wait to see how the financial and economic crises evolve, before starting a new business.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
If I had a business idea right now, I would wait to see how the financial and economic crises evolve, before starting a new business.
Things don't look good so far.