Canadian Banks | Forums | Terms of Use

Welcome to the Canadian Financial Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Canadian Financial Forums > Canadian Financial Forums > General Finance
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2009, 01:26 PM

For the average man, gold is not the answer, at least judging by the fact that the general public doesn't have any interest in gold for now. However when inflation kicks in, everybody will scramble to buy some gold, and gold stocks will rise dramatically.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:05 PM

I expect deflation so gold is not the answer for me.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trent View Post
For the average man, gold is not the answer, at least judging by the fact that the general public doesn't have any interest in gold for now. However when inflation kicks in, everybody will scramble to buy some gold, and gold stocks will rise dramatically.
I would never buy a single ounce of gold. Why would I, does it earn interest, is it a stable asset, does it have any real value itself? For me the answer is no.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullish View Post
I would never buy a single ounce of gold. Why would I, does it earn interest, is it a stable asset, does it have any real value itself? For me the answer is no.
People like you WILL buy gold around or at the exact top of the gold mania, which is just starting. They always do, and this time will be no different. Smart people will be taking handsome profits at the same time
Old 10-09-2009, 06:43 PM

I think all markets are due for a severe correction, and I don't think gold will be spared either. We might have higher inflation down the road, but we are not there yet.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
I think all markets are due for a severe correction, and I don't think gold will be spared either. We might have higher inflation down the road, but we are not there yet.
I agree that gold will go down in a major stock market meltdown, however this will be temporary.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trent View Post
I agree that gold will go down in a major stock market meltdown, however this will be temporary.
Yes, but investors using leverage will be wiped out.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:26 PM

It looks like a down leg in gold has just started. I wonder how low can it go?
Old 10-30-2009, 09:26 AM

In my opinion, whether gold coins or good bars are a wise idea depends on how much money you have.

I think that for the average income earners, it is not. The money can be used for something that gives fast returns. For those with a lot of money to spare, though, I think it's a good idea and provides some security for the future.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:49 PM

Interesting because I heard that you can buy scrap gold for like 10 cents on the dollar from people wanting to sell off old jewelry. Then just melt it down and make gold bricks out of it. Could be a fun hobby and profitable too.