Canadian Banks | Forums | Terms of Use

Welcome to the Canadian Financial Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Canadian Financial Forums > Canadian Financial Forums > Retirement, RRSP & CPP

Old 06-16-2008, 08:24 PM

Default How much can I contribute to RRSP per year?

Hi,

I'm new here and I have a question about RRSP. If I open an RRSP account, how much can I contribute each year?

Thanks
Old 06-16-2008, 08:42 PM

Your personal RRSP deduction limit is shown on the Notice of Assessment sent to you by Revenue Canada. The maximum RRSP deduction limit for 2007 was $19,000, and the 2008 limit is $20,000. Keep in mind that if you haven't used your entire RRSP deduction limit between 1991 and 2007, you can carry forward the unused amount to 2008, effectively making the limit more than $20,000.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:22 PM

Just wanted to add that It is the lesser of 18% of your earned income to a maximum of, as Canadian said 21,000.00 for 2009. + any Unused contribution limit (Notice of assessment). Also if you have a company pension your limit will be reduced by the amount your employer deems as your Pension Adjustment. Check your Notice of assesment and then calculate what it would be based on your income for 2009.