Canadian Banks | Forums | Terms of Use

Welcome to the Canadian Financial Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Canadian Financial Forums > Canadian Financial Forums > General Finance
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2008, 12:12 AM

Default how much for groceries?

I know this may not be the appropriate category but I was wondering how much do you spend on groceries? Average per month or per week. Do you spend more or do you buy less to try to even out the price difference. the prices have increased and I guess not only in my neighbourhood.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:38 PM

I spend about $120 per week for a family of 2 and this is in Toronto.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:57 PM

The prices of groceries have increased alright; I spend around $300 - $350 a month. I like to buy organic products and they have premium prices.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:28 PM

For a family of 4 we spend around $800-$900 a month. The bills used to be much less in the past...
Old 11-18-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invest View Post
For a family of 4 we spend around $800-$900 a month. The bills used to be much less in the past...
Yes, around $800 is about right for a 4 people in Toronto. However I expect within a year to pay at least 10% more for the same groceries.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:17 PM

I guess we are all going to switch to the lower priced grocery stores. There is a huge price difference between Whole Foods and No Frills for the same products (I am not saying for organic food but for regular milk, yogurt, fruit, that sort of thing).
Old 06-06-2009, 03:27 AM

We spend about $600.00 for family of 4. Wife & I also buy lunch everyday which would probably add an extra 150.00 to the grocery bill if we were making it.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:37 AM

Everybody is talking about deflation, but I don't see it. My groceries are more expensive than ever, houses are expensive and getting more unaffordable every day, gas costs a dollar per liter so tell me where axactly is the scary deflation?
Old 09-25-2009, 05:55 PM

For a family of 3 we spend about $400 a month on groceries. Unless you factor in our 2 dogs, 2 cats and a rabbit, then its about $500. I have found our grocery bill has actually decreased in the last few months (though only about $50 -$75) and we're not buying less. We have switched to buying cheaper brands on some of the things we use, everything gets made from scratch, and lately most of the stuff I make is enormous, cheap and can be frozen. We also try to eat healthier and don't buy chips or junk food of any kind.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:18 PM

My wife and I spend $150 per week on groceries; ie $600 a month (for the both of us).