Canadian Banks | Forums | Terms of Use

Welcome to the Canadian Financial Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Canadian Financial Forums > Canadian Financial Forums > Debt

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-07-2009, 08:27 PM
trent trent is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 387
Exclamation Personal bankruptcies soar again!

Consumer bankruptcies in Canada spiked upwards more than 34% in May 2009 compared to May 2008 accroding to Stats Canada. Meanwhile Canadian consumers are buying houses keeping the real estate values close to the pick? What is wrong with this picture?
__________________
No debt
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Canadian Canadian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trent View Post
Consumer bankruptcies in Canada spiked upwards more than 34% in May 2009 compared to May 2008 accroding to Stats Canada. Meanwhile Canadian consumers are buying houses keeping the real estate values close to the pick? What is wrong with this picture?
This is just the beginning, I can promise you that! Wait until the debt slaves have to deal with slightly interest rates, and you most likely see spikes of over 100% year-over-year in Canadian bankruptcies.
__________________
Bear with me please
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-13-2009, 03:14 PM
trent trent is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
This is just the beginning, I can promise you that! Wait until the debt slaves have to deal with slightly interest rates, and you most likely see spikes of over 100% year-over-year in Canadian bankruptcies.
Until the Canadian government bail them out with our tax money
__________________
No debt
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Steven Steven is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 139
Default

I'm no longer convinced that things will get worse from where we are now. I think thta the economy will start improving as soon as this fall...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Jason Jason is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
I'm no longer convinced that things will get worse from where we are now. I think thta the economy will start improving as soon as this fall...
I only hope you are right. With so many jobs already lost, we need a recovery very soon or things will get ugly.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.