Canadian Banks | Forums | Terms of Use

Welcome to the Canadian Financial Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Canadian Financial Forums > Canadian Financial Forums > Investing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Rickson9 Rickson9 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 83
Default Traditionally Bad October Hasn't Hurt Markets Yet

2009 ytd

nasdaq +34.6%
s&p/tsx +28.4%
s&p500 +18.0%
dow +11.6%
__________________
Visit my website at http://www.ticonline.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Canadian Canadian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickson9 View Post
2009 ytd

nasdaq +34.6%
s&p/tsx +28.4%
s&p500 +18.0%
dow +11.6%
I won't be surprised if the above numbers change to the following within the next 2 months:

nasdaq -5%
s&p/tsx +0%
s&p500 -10%
dow -10%
__________________
Bear with me please
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Rickson9 Rickson9 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
I won't be surprised if the above numbers change to the following within the next 2 months:

nasdaq -5%
s&p/tsx +0%
s&p500 -10%
dow -10%
Conversely, would you be surprised if the gains continued until the end of 2009?
__________________
Visit my website at http://www.ticonline.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-14-2009, 04:55 PM
trent trent is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickson9 View Post
Conversely, would you be surprised if the gains continued until the end of 2009?
I don't know about Canadian, but I wouldn't be surprised if this rally continues for a little longer. This however doesn't change my view that there will be another vicious leg down in most stock markets in the next few months.
__________________
No debt
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Rickson9 Rickson9 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trent View Post
I don't know about Canadian, but I wouldn't be surprised if this rally continues for a little longer. This however doesn't change my view that there will be another vicious leg down in most stock markets in the next few months.
That would be a very nice thing to happen!

"I would offer you a significant sum of money if you could give me the opportunity for all of my stocks to go down 50% over the next month."
-Warren Buffett, 2008 Berkshire Hathaway shareholders meeting

I'm not willing to pay anything for a huge leg down, but I'll still take it!

For myself, I have no opinion on where the market is going - up or down.
__________________
Visit my website at http://www.ticonline.com

Last edited by Rickson9; 10-16-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-22-2009, 04:47 PM
trent trent is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickson9 View Post
That would be a very nice thing to happen!

"I would offer you a significant sum of money if you could give me the opportunity for all of my stocks to go down 50% over the next month."
-Warren Buffett, 2008 Berkshire Hathaway shareholders meeting

I'm not willing to pay anything for a huge leg down, but I'll still take it!

For myself, I have no opinion on where the market is going - up or down.
I'm watching several stocks and if the market goes down significantly I'm planning to buy heavily.
__________________
No debt
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-02-2009, 07:22 AM
Rickson9 Rickson9 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
I won't be surprised if the above numbers change to the following within the next 2 months:

nasdaq -5%
s&p/tsx +0%
s&p500 -10%
dow -10%
2 months since the post and no dice yet.
__________________
Visit my website at http://www.ticonline.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Journeyman Journeyman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9
Default

Trent what stocks are you watching?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-21-2009, 09:47 PM
trent trent is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 387
Default

Energy and commodities in general.
__________________
No debt
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.