Canadian Banks | Forums | Terms of Use

Welcome to the Canadian Financial Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Canadian Financial Forums > Canadian Financial Forums > Real Estate and Mortgages

Old 06-12-2008, 10:22 PM

Default Canadian Credit report

Hi, How can I get a free canadian Credit report? How often can I get a credit report?
Old 06-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Administrator

The 3 main Canadian credit bureaus are Equifax Canada, TransUnion Canada and Northern Credit Bureaus. You can get your credit report from each of them for free once a year, however they’ll all ask you to provide 2 pieces of photocopied identification (at least one of them should be with signature). You can use copies of your driver’s license, birth certificate, passport, and citizenship card for example. They’ll also likely to ask you for your Social Insurance Number, current address, phone, and date of birth.

Each of the 3 Canadian credit bureaus offer consumer credit report request form, which you can find on their respective websites. If you are unsure how to fill out the forms, just give them a call and they’ll help you out.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:11 PM

Thanks for the info. I called Equifax and they need a lot of documents to confirm your ID. I can either fax them or mail them.