Canadian Banks | Forums | Terms of Use

Welcome to the Canadian Financial Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Canadian Financial Forums > Canadian Financial Forums > Canadian Economy
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2008, 03:05 PM

Default Do you think the economy will collapse?

Do you think the economy will collapse? I've read some very grim articles and I am usually an optimistic and I still think they only try to scare us that a depression is coming. I know that we are not so different from the States but I think our economy will not collapse.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:07 PM

The Canadian economy is heavily dependent on the US economy, and I think we are on the same train as Americans. Furthermore almost everything is more expensive in Canada compared to US, which will make the economic downturn here even worse. I hope that Canada will escape going into serious recession or even depression, but I won't count on it.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:28 PM

People waste too much time worrying about the future, instead of trying to make their lives better. Here is a saying that sums it best:

"Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness." --Anonymous

If you are worried that the Canadian economy will tank, take action and try to protect your savings and standard of living by making right investment choices.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:16 PM

I'm tired of all this talk of recession and depression in Canada. This simply won't happen and you are wasting your time discussing it. The Canadian economy is strong and we won't have the housing problems the US have. Even in US housing is already bottoming and now it's a good time to buy.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullish View Post
I'm tired of all this talk of recession and depression in Canada. This simply won't happen and you are wasting your time discussing it. The Canadian economy is strong and we won't have the housing problems the US have. Even in US housing is already bottoming and now it's a good time to buy.
Another genius post by bullish. You must believe in all the mass media lies and manipulation. I pity you.

US housing is bottoming?!?!?!? This is another proof of how ignorant you are. The US housing will not bottom anytime soon and the Canadian real estate bust is just starting. I hope you are one of those people that bought a million dollar house with 0% down and 40-year amortization. I would love to see the look on your face when your house market prices goes down by 30-40% .
Old 07-28-2008, 05:47 PM

In all fairness, I don't think that the Canadian economy will collapse or that the things are that bad as some Doom & Gloom prophets paint them. The interest rates are low, we have lots of natural resources and I think we'll get a mild recession in the worst-case scenario.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:55 PM

You obviously like to insult people, but this doesn't make your opinion better than mine. I haven't seen poof that there is a Canadian real estate bust, and you haven't offered any. I am a proud home owner yes, and I' sorry to rain on your parade, but you will never see the value of my house go down 30-40% from here. The worst that can happen is a few years of flat prices, followed by healthy appreciation afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trent View Post
Another genius post by bullish. You must believe in all the mass media lies and manipulation. I pity you.

US housing is bottoming?!?!?!? This is another proof of how ignorant you are. The US housing will not bottom anytime soon and the Canadian real estate bust is just starting. I hope you are one of those people that bought a million dollar house with 0% down and 40-year amortization. I would love to see the look on your face when your house market prices goes down by 30-40% .
Old 07-30-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullish View Post
You obviously like to insult people, but this doesn't make your opinion better than mine. I haven't seen poof that there is a Canadian real estate bust, and you haven't offered any. I am a proud home owner yes, and I' sorry to rain on your parade, but you will never see the value of my house go down 30-40% from here. The worst that can happen is a few years of flat prices, followed by healthy appreciation afterwards.
I don't like to insult people. You are insulting the intelligence of all the people posting and reading this board, by stating that there is no real estate bubble. As I already said you are either truly ignorant, or you are in the denial phase (what bubble, no bubble), which so many homeowners are going through right now .