Canadian Banks | Forums | Terms of Use

Welcome to the Canadian Financial Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Canadian Financial Forums > Canadian Financial Forums > Real Estate and Mortgages
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2009, 02:19 PM

Default Mid-February 2009 Toronto rela estate sales

Of course TREB haven't released the mid-February sales numbers for Toronto, but I fully expect the numbers to be worse than the decline we had in January. Where do you think the Toronto real estate market is headed in 2009?
Old 02-19-2009, 02:53 PM

I just found this about the Mid-February Toronto sales:

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...rd-951957.html

The 416 sales are down 23% and prices are down 8% year-over-year. This will be slow and painful decline for homeowners, which will drag for years. I'm not in a hurry to buy, as I can afford to wait 2-3 years until the last seller in denial capitulates .
Old 02-23-2009, 02:33 PM

The numbers aren't as bas as I expected, however this is just half a month data. I'm sure that price decline in Toronto by the end of the year will reach 25% from the pick we had last spring.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trent View Post
The numbers aren't as bas as I expected, however this is just half a month data. I'm sure that price decline in Toronto by the end of the year will reach 25% from the pick we had last spring.
Why not down by 50% or even 75%? I'm really sorry for all of you who missed the boat. The strong spring market is around the corner the prices are due for a quick recovery.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullish View Post
Why not down by 50% or even 75%? I'm really sorry for all of you who missed the boat. The strong spring market is around the corner the prices are due for a quick recovery.
Strong spring market? What are you smoking?? By the beginning of the summer the price decline in Toronto will be at least 20% from the peak. Lets go back to this thread in a few months to see who was right...
Old 03-02-2009, 01:41 PM

I think that the full February numbers will be worse the the mid-month results. Anybody buying now will see a huge decline in their homes in not too distant future and it's quite possible the majority of the buyers that bought in the last 3 years to end up with negative equity.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
I think that the full February numbers will be worse the the mid-month results. Anybody buying now will see a huge decline in their homes in not too distant future and it's quite possible the majority of the buyers that bought in the last 3 years to end up with negative equity.
I think so too. Last October MLS reported 300% increase in product availability! I think only the real estate agents refuse to believe it and admit it.

One of the previous posters is probably a real estate agent ...
Old 03-06-2009, 02:26 PM

The numbers are out and they are not so bad as I expected, but this won't last long. By the end of the year price will be much lower, without any buyers to be seen.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
The numbers are out and they are not so bad as I expected...

Of course they aren't. What did you expect 20% decline maybe ? Within 2 month the prices in Toronto will be fully recovered and not buying means that you are missing the boat, again!
Old 03-10-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullish View Post
Of course they aren't. What did you expect 20% decline maybe ? Within 2 month the prices in Toronto will be fully recovered and not buying means that you are missing the boat, again!
I think this May will see at least 15% decline compared to last May, which more or less was the top of the market. Nobody will buy houses until prices are better aligned with incomes, and this means 40% down from here for Toronto's market.