Canadian Banks | Forums | Terms of Use

Welcome to the Canadian Financial Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Canadian Financial Forums > Canadian Financial Forums > Investing
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2008, 12:16 AM

Default Price of oil

Do you see what is happening to the oil prices The oil is dropping dramatically and I guess a lot of people lost money there. What do you think will be the lowest price and why the low price of oil doesn't reflect on the price of groceries and air travel? $59 per barrel this is cheap!!! What just happened here?
Old 11-16-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjude View Post
Do you see what is happening to the oil prices The oil is dropping dramatically and I guess a lot of people lost money there. What do you think will be the lowest price and why the low price of oil doesn't reflect on the price of groceries and air travel? $59 per barrel this is cheap!!! What just happened here?
What is happening is that all over-leveraged idiots are dumping anything of value just to meet margin calls. The top world oil fields are decreasing in alarming speed, and oil is bound to power higher very soon. The USD on the other hand will resume its downtrend into oblivion.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:06 PM

I think the price of oil will go further down in the short to medium term, but unfortunatelly with Canadian dollar depreciating against the USD, we don't get the full benefit as the oil is traded in USD as most commodities.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:52 PM

On my way to work this morning I saw 78c gas per liter in a local gas station in Toronto. This is still higher than it used to be 5 years ago, however I think that gas can come down to 50c per liter very soon.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:17 PM

Well, I saw 76c per liter this morning in Toronto, and let's hope the price doesn't go up from here.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Well, I saw 76c per liter this morning in Toronto, and let's hope the price doesn't go up from here.
I also hope that the price of gas will stay low, but I don't get my hopes too high. Sooner than later all the newly printed money from bailing out failed banks and variety of other morons will show up as decline in purchasing power of the dollar and the prices of everything of value will go up.